Claim form for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Please complete this form if you need help with your Council Tax.


If you wish need help with your rent:


Trafford is now a ‘full service’ Universal Credit area. This means that how you apply for help with paying your rent has changed. Please only fill in the form if you answer YES to any of the following questions:


Are you or your partner of Pension Age?

Do you have 3 or more dependent children?

Are you currently living in any of the following properties?

    • A Housing Association, registered charity, not for profit organisation or county council property which provides you with support as part of your tenancy agreement
    • Supported accommodation
    • Domestic Violence Refuge

If you answer NO to ALL these questions you need to make a claim for Universal Credit to see if you are eligible for help with your rent. Claims must be made online at


If your Universal Credit application is successful then you will be required to attend an interview at your local Jobcentre Plus.

Start a new form

Choose this option to start a new form. Click on the Start button to get going.

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to retrieve a saved form. Enter your reference number in the box below and press 'continue'.
Loading section. Please wait a few moments...Please wait while we search for your details
Please note that if you partially complete an application form and save it for later, your data will be stored for 28 days before being deleted.